SPL Powerlines are a growing company in Overhead Line Electrification in Rail. SPL, part of the Powerlines Group, have work across the nation including GWEP, GWRM, and major Depot projects. In additional to this, the Powerlines Group have recently signed a Network Rail contract with Carillion for the extension on the Midland Mainline Electrification Project. The London to Corby route. Carillion and the Powerlines Group (together Carillion Powerlines or CPL) also have the H2M project in Scotland.
Services we offer:
- OHLE Design – High, Medium, Low Speed Systems
- Isolations and Planning
- OHLE Installation
- Testing and Commissioning of OHLE Systems
- OHLE Training
- Machine Hire
Due to an increase in work we're currently searching for a
Principle / Senior OLE Design Engineer - United Kingdom
- Lead conceptual, outline and detailed design for OLE engineering solutions in allocation, basic and construction design.
- Lead feasibility studies, technical reports and other written documents.
- Lead the design, detailed allocation, construction design, and assessments on the Overhead Line Engineering.
- Deliver work to programme, budget and specification
- Be competent to check and approved OLE engineering solutions.
- Significant experience in Overhead Line design
- Knowledge of UK rail industry practice and a familiarity with railway standards.
- A degree, HNC or other relevant qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Competent in the production of drawings using CAD software, ideally Microstation
- Computer literate with MS Word and other MS Office modules.
- Driving license and valid PTS
- Enthusiastic, committed with a 'can do' mentality
- Lead design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Supervise the work of junior staff.
- Act as CRE, Checker, Approver and other senior project design roles
- Provide input into project quality plan and implement quality practice in all projects.
- Suggest best methods and practices to meet technical and project requirements.
- Ensure compliance with H&S, Environmental and other appropriate regulations.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
We offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension with company contribution
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Referral Incentive (Permanent staff only)
- Vehicle and fuel card